White Pizza Recipe
Think cheese pizza is boring? Try changing it up with the more sophisticated White Pizza recipe. An herb and garlic infused olive oil is spread on a pizza crust that is topped with three cheeses for a delicious, cheesy pizza.
Author: Tasteandtellblog/Photo credit to tasteandtellblog.com
- 1 lb pizza dough*
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Crushed red pepper
- Place a pizza stone in the oven**. Preheat the oven to 450º-500ºF for at least 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour a piece of parchment paper and flatten the pizza dough into a large circle, about 14” in diameter.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, rosemary and olive oil. Brush the olive oil mixture over the crust.
- Dollop the ricotta evenly over the crust and gently spread it out. Sprinkle on the mozzarella and the parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle crushed red pepper over the top – you only need a little bit – less than half a teaspoon, depending on how much heat you want.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven until the edges are browned and the cheese is melted, about 10-12 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve.