How to Make Trisha Yearwood's Un-Fried Chicken
Author: Foodnetwork/Photo credit to foodnetwork.com
- Deselect All
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1½ cups multi-grain panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 lemon, quartered, plus 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine the buttermilk and hot sauce in a shallow bowl. Season the chicken with salt and black pepper and submerge in the buttermilk mixture.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, lemon zest, red pepper flakes and a pinch each of salt and black pepper in a shallow dish. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk mixture, letting the excess drip off, and dredge in the breadcrumb mixture until evenly coated. Lay the pieces flat on a nonstick baking sheet and refrigerate, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the chicken until just cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Divide the chicken among 4 plates and squeeze the lemon over the chicken.