Twix Thumbprints are what happen when cookie and candy collide
Author: Delish/Photo credit to cookingclassy.com
- 2¾ c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. butter
- 1½ c. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 c. jarred caramel
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla, then add flour mixture and mix until completely combined.
- Scoop out dough and roll into 1" balls. Place balls about 2" apart on baking sheet and use a teaspoon measure or your thumb to press a small divot into each ball. Freeze 30 minutes and preheat oven to 350º.
- Remove cookies from freezer and bake until golden, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Fill each cooled cookie cup with 1 teaspoon caramel and lightly drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate, 15 minutes, then serve.