THE BEST HOMEMADE BROWNIE RECIPE
This recipe for Homemade Brownies really is the best because they are made with REAL chocolate AND cocoa powder so that they are the most decadent, extra fudgy and dense brownies you’ve ever tasted. You won’t believe how easy it is to make brownies from scratch with a tissue-thin crinkly crust that rival any mix!
Author: Houseofnasheats/Photo credit to houseofnasheats.com
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup salted butter, cut into chunks
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a square 9x9" baking dish with a parchment paper sling or spray with baking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the bittersweet chocolate and butter. Microwave on high in 20-30 second bursts, stirring well between bursts of heat until melted and smooth. Whisk in cocoa powder.
- Add granulated sugar and brown sugar, whisking well to combine. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well either by hand with a whisk or using an electric mixer.
- Sprinkle the flour and salt over the brownie batter and gently stir it in with a wooden spoon or spatula. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and spread into the corners. The batter will be thick.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out mostly clean with only a few crumbs attached. Be sure not to overbake.
- Cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days on the counter or in the fridge.