Tex-Mex Chopped Chicken Salad
This Tex-Mex inspired salad is a great way to use up any leftover chicken you might have on hand. A super easy, healthy and delicious entrée salad you're sure to love.
Author: Keyingredient/Photo credit to keyingredient.com
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (hot or mild)
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cooled and diced
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped (about 1 head)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 4 to 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar or pepper jack cheese, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- OPTIONAL GARNISHES:
- Diced jalapeño
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Diced avocado or jicama
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together and then refrigerate until ready for use.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad ingredients together.
- Add a little dressing at a time and then toss until lightly coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.