Tempting And Easy Apple And Gouda Stuffed Pork Chops
Apple And Gouda Stuffed Pork Chops are an easy dinner to make that tastes exceptionally delicious. The gouda cheese and apples makes this a perfect fall dish that gives it sweet and savory elements. Additionally, this meal can use up some of those apples your kids picked!
Author: Jenahoward/Photo credit to jenahoward.com
- 6 Pork Chops
- 2 Apples
- 0.25 lb Gouda
- 2 tbsp Sage
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- Preheat grill so that it gets to 350-400 degrees F.
- Make slit in each pork chop that goes ¾ to the other side (make sure not to cut all the way through).
- Slice apples into ½″ thick slices.
- Cut gouda into ½″-3/4″ slices, similar to the size of each apple slice.
- Stuff 1 or 2 (depending on your preference) of apples and gouda into each pork chop.
- Season pork chops on both sides with sage and thyme.
- Grilling The Pork Chops
- Grill on medium heat for 4 minutes (maybe more or less time depending on thickness of your pork chops).
- Flip pork chops. Continue to cook for another 4 minutes (again, maybe more or less time depending on thickness of your pork chops).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chicken broth and sage and stir well.
- Add thyme and continue to stir well for another 5 minutes.
- Whisk in cornstarch into the saucepan. Continue to cook for another 8 minutes so that it thickens.
- Season with more sage/thyme, if needed.
- Pour sauce over cooked pork chops and serve immediately.