Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Chicken Tacos
These fantastic chicken tacos will blog your mind! Sweet sriracha marinated and grilled chicken packed into crispy tortilla shell, and topped with avocado, greens, cilantro sour cream sauce, and more honey sriracha.
Author: Willcookforsmiles/Photo credit to willcookforsmiles.com
- 2 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 3 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 6-8 taco shells
- 1 avocado peeled and pit take out
- 1-2 cups mixed greens
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp finely minced cilantro
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp sriracha + ½ Tbsp honey for topping
- Combine sriracha, honey, salt, and lime juice for marinating the chicken. Mix and slather both chicken breasts with the mixture. Let it marinade for about 15 minutes. (You can also let it marinade for longer in the fridge.) You can prepare the chicken on the grill or in a skillet on a stove top. Cook on both sides until done. Take off heat and cool a little bit, until you can handle it enough to cut.
- In a small sauce bowl, mix together sour cream, finely minced cilantro, lime juice and salt. Set aside.
- Mix together 1 Tbsp of sriracha and ½ Tbsp of honey. (You can always make more if you like more sauce and more heat.) Set aside.
- (To drizzle sauces, I usually add them to separate small zip-lock bags and cut off little tips when I'm ready to drizzle. That way I don't have to wash a million squeeze bottles or use pricey piping bags.)
- Slice chicken and add some to each taco shell.
- Add some diced avocado, greens, and green onion on top of chicken.
- Drizzle with sour cream sauce and honey sriracha on top.
- Serve right away.