Strawberry Icebox Cake
Strawberry Icebox Cake with layer upon layer of cookies, cream, and luscious strawberries make up this insanely simple and delicious no-bake strawberry cake.
Author: Theslowroasteditalian/Photo credit to theslowroasteditalian.com
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, cut into bite size pieces
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 8-10 graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons vanilla pudding mix, unprepared
- Reserve a handful of strawberries for garnishing the top of the cake. Place the remaining strawberries in a large bowl. Sprinkle granulated sugar over top. Stir to combine and allow to sit.
- In a tall bowl whip the heavy cream with an electric mixer until you can start to see a trail of the mixer through the cream. Add the vanilla and ¼ cup powdered sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form. (In other words, when you turn off the blender and lift the beaters out of the cream, the cream stand up on the end of the beater). Set aside.
- Line a 9 x 5-inch pan with plastic wrap use enough to have excess that you can wrap over the top. Layer ⅓ of the whipped cream into the pan. Spoon ½ of the strawberries on top of the whipped cream, evenly. Top with a layer of graham crackers, breaking them if necessary to make
- Then add another ⅓ of the whipped cream, smoothing it out evenly with a spatula. Add the remaining strawberries evenly over the whipped cream. Top with a layer of graham crackers, breaking them if necessary to make them fit. Pull the excess plastic wrap over the top to cover. Freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining 1¾ cups powdered sugar, pudding mix to the remaining whipped cream. Whip until it comes together. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove the cake from freezer, unwrap the top of the cake and invert pan onto a plate. Remove the plastic wrap and frost with the whipped cream icing and sprinkle remaining strawberries on top. Freeze until ready to serve. Run your knife under hot water to warm the knife. Dry if necessary, cut cake. The knife should slide through the cake more easily. Repeat as necessary.
- Serve and enjoy!