Steak & creamy garlic shrimp (surf and turf)
steak & creamy garlic shrimp is an incredible and easy to make gourmet steak recipe! pan seared or grilled surf and turf!
Author: Cafedelites/Photo credit to cafedelites.com
- 4 New York Steak strip steaks (Porterhouse steaks)
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Creamy Garlic Shrimp:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 8 ounces (250 g) shrimp deveined, tails on or off
- 4 cloves garlic (or 1 tablespoons minced garlic)
- ¼ cup dry white wine or low-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup heavy cream* (thickened cream)
- ¼ cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Pat steaks dry with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or grill over medium-high heat. Sear/grill steaks for 4-5 minutes each side until browned and cooked to desired doneness.
- Transfer steaks to a warm plate; set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in the skillet (if using a skillet). Add shrimp to the skillet, season with salt and pepper and sear until just cooked and pink -- about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- (For grill: grill seasoned shrimp while brushing with melted butter until done.)
- To the same skillet, add the remaining butter, add the garlic, sauté until fragrant (about one minute).
- (If grilling meats, you will need to grab a pan or skillet for this step.)
- Pour in the white wine (or broth), and allow to reduce to half, while scraping any bits off of the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the cream and bring to a simmer, while stirring occasionally. Add in the parmesan cheese; allow to melt through the simmering sauce. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan; sprinkle with the parsley, and stir through.
- Serve with steaks.