SPICY WATERMELON MARGARITAS
Spicy Watermelon Margaritas are the perfect cocktail to sip on a hot day! Simple, fresh ingredients with a kick of heat from the jalapeño slices. Enjoy them with your favorite tacos or chips and salsa!
Author: Reciperunner/Photo credit to reciperunner.com
- 1½ cups watermelon juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 tablespoons silver tequila
- Sparkling water (optional)
- Jalapeño slices
- Sea salt and chili powder for the rim, jalapeño and lime slices for garnish
- Cut a watermelon into chunks until you have approximately 4-5 cups. Add the watermelon to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the purée through a mesh strainer into a measuring glass.
- In a shallow bowl or on a plate, combine sea salt and chili powder. Take a lime wedge and run it along the rim of the glasses then coat the rims in the chili salt.
- Add half of the watermelon juice, 1½ tablespoons lime juice, 3 tablespoons tequila, 2-4 jalapeño slices and a handful of ice to a cocktail shaker. Shake until combined and cold. Add extra tequila, watermelon juice, or lime juice depending on your taste. Repeat this process for the second margarita.
- Pour the margarita into the prepared glass with ice. Top off with sparkling water if desired and 2-3 jalapeño slices. Garnish with a lime and serve.