Ever wish you could have a Snickers... in cheesecake form?
Recipe type: Dessert
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 c. finely crushed Nilla Wafers (from about 60 wafers)
- 6 tbsp. melted butter
- Pinch kosher salt
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 4 (8 oz) blocks of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ c. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ c. milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled slightly
- FOR GARNISH:
- ¼ c. caramel
- 10 mini Snickers, roughly chopped
- ¼ roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 325° and grease an 8" or 9" springform pan with cooking spray. Make crust: In a large bowl, mix together crushed wafers, butter, and salt. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan and up the sides.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), beat cream cheese and sugar until no lumps remain. Add eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla and sour cream. Add flour and salt and beat until just combined. Remove 1 cup of mixture into a medium bowl, then pour half of the rest of the mixture over crust.
- Add melted chocolate to reserved cup of cheesecake mixture and stir to combine. Dollop chocolate mixture over surface of cheesecake and use a butter knife to swirl, then top with remaining plain batter.
- Wrap bottom of pan in aluminum foil and place in a large roasting pan. Pour in enough boiling water to come up halfway in the baking pan.
- Bake until center of cheesecake only slightly jiggles, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Turn off heat, prop open oven door, and let cheesecake cool in oven, 1 hour. Refrigerate until totally chilled, at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove cheesecake from springform pan and top with a layer of caramel, peanuts, and chopped Snickers.