SLIMMING FRIENDLY SMOKED SALMON FRITTATA
This slimming friendly Smoked Salmon Frittata is low in calories, but full of flavour. Serve cold for breakfast or with a light salad for lunch.
Author: Supergoldenbakes/Photo credit to supergoldenbakes.com
- ▢6 large eggs
- ▢200 g | 7oz fat-free cottage cheese
- ▢100 g | 7oz smoked salmon
- ▢70 g | 2.5oz spinach or cavolo nero stems removed, finely chopped
- ▢2 leeks finely chopped
- ▢5 spring onions (scallions) scallions finely sliced
- ▢1 small bunch fresh dill finely chopped (reserve some leaves to garnish)
- ▢2 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- ▢2 garlic cloves minced
- ▢1 tsp onion granules optional
- ▢salt and freshly ground pepper
- ▢cooking spray or olive oil to cook
- Preheat the grill (broiler) to medium hot (about 180C/350F).
- Spray a 23cm (9inch) non-stick frying pan with cooking spray. Cook the leeks, spring onions and garlic over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach/cavolo nero, dilll and parsley and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until softened. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Beat the eggs with 150g (5.3oz) of the cottage cheese in a large bowl. Add the onion granules and season generously with salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Clean the frying pan and mist with oil. Scatter about half of the leek/kale mixture on the pan and then add a few strips of smoked salmon.
- Spoon some of the beaten egg over the top and shake the pan so the egg covers all the ingredients.
- Start cooking the frittata over low heat and then layer the remaining vegetables and salmon over the top.
- Add the rest of the egg and top with spoonfuls of the reserved cottage cheese. Season with pepper and scatter with some dill fronds.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the the frittata is almost set with a wobble in the middle.
- Transfer under the grill and cook for 6-7 minutes or until the mixture is set and golden brown.