Reese's Banana Pudding
Brb, going IN on this Reese's Banana Pudding.
Author: Delish/Photo credit to food.theffeed.com
Recipe type: Dessert
- FOR THE PUDDING
- 1 box vanilla pudding mix
- 2 c. cold milk
- ½ c. peanut butter, melted and cooled slightly
- FOR THE MELTED CHOCOLATE MIXTURE
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- ¼ c. peanut butter
- FOR THE TRIFLE
- 1 (8-oz.) container Cool Whip
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1½ c. chopped Reese's
- 1½ c. Reese's Pieces
- 20 whole mini Reese's
- Make pudding: In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk. Stir occasionally until thickened, about 5 minutes. Fold in melted peanut butter with a rubber spatula.
- Make chocolate mixture: In a medium heat-proof bowl, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals until chocolate has melted. Stir until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Assemble trifle: Spread about a third of the peanut butter pudding into the bottom of a trifle dish. Top with a third of Cool Whip, then add a layer of banana slices and arrange sliced bananas standing up around the trifle dish (for presentation!). Top with a third each of chopped Reese's and Reese's Pieces, then drizzle with a third of the chocolate mixture. Repeat layers, standing up whole Reese's instead of banana slices.
- For the final round of layering, spread the remaining peanut butter pudding on top of candies, drizzle with melted chocolate mixture, then add a final layer of Cool Whip. Garnish with more candies, and drizzle with any remaining melted chocolate mixture and melted peanut butter.