Pear Vanilla Gin Fizz
Looking for a pretty cocktail recipe filled with delicious juicy pears and vanilla bean? If you thought YES then this Pear Vanilla Gin Fizz cocktail is the perfect recipe for you. A homemade pear and vanilla simple syrup combined with gin and soda water make this easy cocktail perfectly sweet, gorgeous, and refreshing!
Author: Shortgirltallorder/Photo credit to shortgirltallorder.com
- Pear Vanilla Syrup:
- (makes enough or 4 cocktails)
- 1 cup finely chopped/blended pears (bartlett pears work best)
- ½ cup organic sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup vanilla syrup
- To Make One Cocktail:
- 1.5 oz Gin (about 3 Tbsp or 40 ml)
- 2 Tbsp pear purée syrup
- ¾ cup soda water
- Crushed ice to top
- Begin by finely chopping or blending your pears. Then add the pears, sugar, water, and vanilla syrup to a small saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook about 5-8 minutes until the liquid becomes an amber color and the pears are breaking down. Stir frequently while the pears are cooking to evenly cook.
- Remove the pear puree from the heat and strain the syrup into a container.Use a spoon to press any remaining liquid out of the pear solids. Discard the pear solids and use only the strained syrup for the cocktail recipe. Let the syrup cool to room temperature before using.
- To make a cocktail add 1.5 oz of gin and 2 tbsp of pear vanilla syrup to an 8 oz glass and whisk together. Next, add ¾ cup soda water to the glass. To finish, add ice to top and stir. A rim of sugar and vanilla bean around the glass makes a great addition to this drink. Enjoy!