Peach Moscow Mule
Celebrate summertime by mixing up a Peach Moscow Mule! Sweet, but not too sweet, this summertime twist on a classic Moscow Mule tastes like a slice of peach pie on a hot day. Makes 1 mixed drink.
Author: Thespeckledpalate/Photo credit to thespeckledpalate.com
- Cinnamon-Infused Simple Syrup
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 stick cinnamon
- Peach Moscow Mule
- 2 oz. peach puree (about ½ fresh peach)
- 3 oz. ginger beer
- 1 ½ oz. vodka
- ½ oz. lime juice
- ½ oz. cinnamon simple syrup, recipe above
- Ice, for serving
- Make The Cinnamon-Infused Simple Syrup
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, measure out the water and sugar. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat.
- Add in the cinnamon sticks, and cover for 30 minutes to three hours. (The longer the simple syrup infuses, the more cinnamon-y it will become. Proceed with caution.)
- When the syrup has finished infusing (and tastes good to you!), strain and pour into a mason jar. Refrigerate until time to make cocktails.
- Make The Peach Moscow Mule
- In the blender, puree a peach. (If you don’t have a peach and can’t find good ones, feel free to use peach nectar instead! The puree will be thicker, but nectar provides the awesome peachy flavor we’re looking for.)
- In a copper mug (or your favorite glassware of choice—we aren’t picky here!), measure out the peach puree/nectar, ginger beer, vodka, lime juice and cinnamon simple syrup.
- Use a spoon to stir up the ingredients.
- Top with ice, and enjoy immediately.