NUTELLA BAKED FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
This baked french toast casserole with Nutella is a SUPER easy, delicious, and kid-friendly brunch dish. It's a 5-ingredient make ahead dish that everyone, young and old, will love.
Author: Ourhappymess/Photo credit to ourhappymess.com
- ▢8 slices white bread
- ▢4 eggs
- ▢1¼ cups whole milk
- ▢1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ▢1 cup Nutella
- ▢butter for greasing the baking dish
- Butter an 11 x 7 inch baking dish. (see note below regarding pan sizes). In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla until well combined. Set aside.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of Nutella on each of 8 slices of bread. Roll each bread slice into a cigar shape with the Nutella filling on the inside.
- Dip each bread roll into the egg mixture and place it in the buttered baking dish, seam side down. Continue with the remaining bread rolls, placing them side-by-side in the baking dish, enchilada-style. Pour the remaining custard over the top of the bread.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, until the custard has been absorbed by the bread.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Transfer to the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until the top of the casserole is golden brown.
- Dust some powdered sugar over the top with a sifter, and drizzle with a little melted Nutella if you wish. Serve with sliced strawberries and maple syrup, if desired.