Mint Choc Chip Cheesecake
Mint Choc Chip ice cream fans, prepare to lose your shiz.
Recipe type: Dessert
- FOR THE BASE
- 300 g mint flavoured oreos
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- FOR THE FILLING
- 150 g dark mint chocolate, roughly chopped
- 200 ml double cream
- 20 g fresh mint
- 500 g cream cheese
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 125 g plain chocolate chips
- Green food colouring paste
- TO DECORATE
- Mint leaves
- 50 g dark mint chocolate curls
- Grease and line a 20.5cm (8in) round springform tin.
- In a medium bowl add the mint and cream. Stir and leave to infuse for 30 minutes. Strain and discard the mint.
- To make the base, whiz the Oreos in a food processor until finely ground. Add the melted butter and blitz to combine. Tip the mixture into the base of the prepared tin. Press the mixture firmly into the base with the back of a spoon. Put it into the fridge to chill.
- Put the chopped mint chocolate in a small heatproof bowl and sit over a small pan of simmering water. Stir frequently until smooth and runny, then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Using a hand-held electric whisk, beat together the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth, then beat in the double cream and vanilla until the mixture is thick and just holds its shape. Divide the mixture between two bowls.
- Add the melted mint chocolate to the first bowl and stir to combine. Add the chocolate chips to the second and stir to combine. In the second bowl with the chocolate chips, add a few drops of food colouring until you reach the colour desired.
- Spoon large dollops of the cream cheese mixture into the tin, alternating between the two mixtures. Drag the back of a spoon through the mixtures to marble and spread to make a smooth, even layer. Chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove cheesecake from tin and transfer on to a serving plate or cake stand. Peel off parchment paper around sides. Top with the chocolate curls and mint leaves. Serve in slices.