MELON SALAD WITH STRAWBERRIES AND MINT
There's nothing more refreshing than perfectly ripe, in-season melon. And that fresh flavor gets elevated further when paired with juicy strawberries, sweet melon, and herbs picked straight from the garden. This melon ball salad is fresh, delicious, and fun to make!
Author: Crowdedkitchen/Photo credit to crowdedkitchen.com
- 3 cups watermelon (diced or use melon baller)
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups cantaloupe (diced or use melon baller)
- 2 cups honeydew (diced or use melon baller)
- LIME MINT DRESSING:
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp agave or honey
- ⅛-¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 ½ tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- To make the dressing, whisk together ¼ cup lime juice, 1 tsp agave, ⅛ to ¼ tsp salt. Then add in 3 tbsp chopped mint and 1 ½ tbsp chopped basil and stir gently. Set aside while prepping the rest of the ingredients so the mint and basil have a chance to flavor the dressing.
- For the salad, use a melon baller to carve balls out of watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe melon. You should keep scooping until you have 3 cups of watermelon balls, 2 cups of cantaloupe balls, and 2 cups of honeydew balls. Don't discard scraps - either eat them on their own, or add them to a smoothie or juice!
- Slice the strawberries lengthwise into thin round circles. Add the strawberries and balled fruit to a mixing bowl and pour the dressing over the top. Gently stir to coat fruit, and then transfer to a serving bowl or platter. Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Enjoy!