Meatball Mozzarella Sticks
We combined meatballs + mozzarella sticks and made this genius hybrid!
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 lb (455 g) ground beef
- 1 lb (455 g) ground pork
- ½ onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (115 g) bread crumbs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 12 sticks string cheese
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups (345 g) bread crumbs
- marinara sauce, to serve
- In a large bowl, add the beef, pork, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, beaten eggs, salt, pepper, dried basil, dried oregano, and dried parsley, red pepper flakes. Mix together to combine.
- Pick up 2 ounces (55 g) of meat, press into a flat patty on the palm of your hand.
- Place a mozzarella stick into the center of the patty and wrap the meatball mixture around it to seal it inside. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Take the meatball-wrapped stick of cheese and dredge it in the flour, coat it in beaten egg, and then roll it in bread crumbs. Repeat with the rest.
- Place a batch of the sticks into oil at 325°F (180°C), and cook until the outside is golden brown and the beef is cooked through, 5 minutes. Then remove the mozzarella sticks from the fryer and drain on a wire rack. Season with salt.
- Serve the meatball mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce.
We combined meatballs + mozzarella sticks and made this genius hybrid! ?FULL RECIPE: https://tasty.co/recipe/meatball-mozzarella-sticks
Posted by Tasty on Monday, May 21, 2018