MAC & CHEESE LASAGNA
A meal the whole family will love, this Mac & Cheese Lasagna appeals to the kids- and the kid still in all of us. Creamy layers of shells & cheese are interspersed with a savory mixture of ground beef, sauteed onions, minced garlic, and a blend of Italian cheeses.
Author: 4sonrus/Photo credit to 4sonrus.com
- 1 24 oz box macaroni shells & cheese with prepared cheese sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ white onion, diced
- 2 cloves minced
- 1½-2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 packed cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Prepare the mac and cheese according to package directions. Complete all steps.
- While the water is boiling for the mac, in a separate skillet brown the ground beef, onions, and garlic- stirring occasionally. Drain the mixture, and set aside.
- Lightly spray a 9x13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spread half of the mac evenly out over the bottom. Top with a layer of half the meat, then a layer of half the sauce, and finally half of the cheeses.
- Repeat the layers, finishing with the remainder of the cheeses.
- Bake the casserole at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let the casserole rest 2-3 minutes before scooping and serving.