Loaded BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
Gooey, sweet, spicy, tangy and everything in between! These hearty bbq chicken quesadillas are a fun twist on a classic Mexican dish!
Author: Kaleforniakravings/Photo credit to kaleforniakravings.com
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded chicken (can be store bought or homemade)
- ½ cup bbq sauce (plus extra for spreading)
- 1½ cups mix of shredded mozzarella & sharp cheese
- ½ cup corn (can be fresh or frozen)*
- ½ cup red onion, sliced thin
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl, mix your shredded chicken and bbq sauce together then set it aside.
- Spread a small amount of bbq sauce over one half of your tortilla. Then layer that half with a handful of shredded bbq chicken, cheese, corn, red onion and cilantro.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Once it's warm to the touch, transfer your quesadilla to the pan and fold the bare side of the tortilla over the filling and press it down lightly. Cook for 2-3 minutes then flip. Cook the other side for an additional 2 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove your quesadilla from the pan and cut it into wedges. Serve immediately!