LEMON RICOTTA DANISH
I have fallen in love with this Lemon Ricotta Danish. I swear I could devour the entire thing. It is simply ricotta mixed with some sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and a splash of lemon juice and wrapped in a puff pastry. How easy is that? It only takes a few minutes to put this together, and about 25 minutes to bake. Before you know it, you have a delicious danish ready to serve. Once you try this, you will be amazed how tasty it is.
Author: Motherthyme/Photo credit to motherthyme.com
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 1½ cups whole ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup confectioners sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest from one lemon
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unroll and lay puff pastry flat on baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, cut 1½ inch slits 1 inch apart. Do the same on opposite side.
- In a medium bowl mix ricotta cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice.
- Spread in the center of pasty leaving about 2 inch border.
- Cross strips over filling, alternating from each side making sure ends overlap.
- In a small bowl mix egg and water. Brush over the top of pastry.
- Bake on the center rack for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before adding glaze.
- In a small bowl mix confectioners sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Slowly add a little more lemon juice until mixture is creamy but not runny.
- Drizzle on top of pastry.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.