Italian Mascarpone Marble Cake
Italian Mascarpone Marble Cake is a delicious soft cake, with the perfect hint of chocolate. The creamy Chocolate Glaze makes it perfect.
Author: Anitalianinmykitchen/Photo credit to anitalianinmykitchen.com
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons cake/pastry flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1⅓ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil ( I use sunflower or corn oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup +2 tablespoons milk (room temperature)
- 1½ tablespoons dutch processed cocoa (sifted)
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 3 ounces dark chocolate (good quality)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C). Grease and flour a 9 inch (23 cm) bundt pan.
- MARBLE CAKE
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl beat on medium speed (#3) the eggs and sugar for approximately 5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the vegetable oil and vanilla, beating to combine. Then add the flour mixture a little at a time, beating between additions. Add the milk and beat to combine. Pour two-thirds of the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Add the cocoa powder to the remaining one-third of the batter and stir until well combined. Spoon the cocoa batter on top of the plain batter and swirl lightly with the tip of a knife.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean or with a couple of crumbs attached. Let the cake cool completely and dust it with powdered sugar or drizzle with the chocolate glaze if desired before serving.
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- In a small pot heat the sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate, stir until smooth, remove from heat and add the vanilla, combine, let cool slightly before pouring over cake.