Instant Pot Spaghetti
Pasta makes everything better—even Mondays
Author: Delish/Photo credit to thekitchn.com
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 (28-oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- ¼ c. packed freshly chopped basil, plus more for serving
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 oz. spaghetti
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- Set a 6-quart Instant Pot to Sauté setting and heat oil. Add ground beef and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and tomato paste and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add ½ cup of broth and stir, scraping up any bits on bottom of pan.
- Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Stir well and season with salt and pepper.
- Break spaghetti in half and add to pot, then add remaining 1½ cups broth. Do not stir. Lock lid and set to Pressure Cook on High for 8 minutes.
- Follow manufacturer’s guide for quick release, making sure to wait until cycle is complete before unlocking and removing lid.
- Stir pasta and sauce together, then serve with Parmesan and more basil.