ICED HIBISCUS LATTE
I have been indulging in way too many chai lattes, iced teas, and just sweet drinks in general lately – normally I’m just a water all day type of person. I’m trying (barely) to cut back a bit, but with our floral shower party ideas, I thought it would be fun to make a recipe for a floral tea latte to share with some edible flowers as a garnish to tie your whole party together! And then I just happennn to have ingredients on hand to make these for myself… 😉 Below I’m sharing how to make a large batch that you could use for an event but I’ll break it down so you can just whip up a glass for yourself!
Author: Themerrythought/Photo credit to https://themerrythought.com
- 5 hibiscus tea bags
- 5 cups water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- Bring 5 cups of water to a boil.
- Steep tea bags in water for 5 minutes.
- While it is still hot, add sugar and mix in to dissolve.
- Remove tea bags and cool tea in fridge. (You can mix with ice and serve immediately, it will just be more watered down.)
- Once it has cooled, add milk and ice and serve immediately.
- Top off with frothed milk & edible flower if desired.