HONEY GLAZED HAM RECIPE (PLUS SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS)
This tender, moist and perfectly sweet Honey Glazed Ham recipe is cooked in its own juices and glazed with a mixture of honey, pineapple juice and brown sugar. This ham is sweet and salty, buttery and sticky, and the star of any holiday table!! PLUS I HAVE SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS TOO! Serve for the holidays with Deviled Eggs, Cornbread Dressing and Rolls!
Author: Grandbaby-cakes/Photo credit to grandbaby-cakes.com
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- Cooking spray
- 8-10 lb Plain fully cooked spiral sliced bone in ham make sure it does not already have a glaze
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter then whisk in brown sugar, honey, mustard, pineapple juice, garlic powder and paprika until combined. Allow the mixture to cook for about 5-7 minutes or until it bubbles and somewhat thickens. Take off heat. It will continue to thicken as it stands.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cover a 9" x 13" pan with lots of foil going up the sides as well then thoroughly spray with cooking spray.
- Place the ham cut side down in the pan. Next score the ham if you desire. To score, simply make shallow cuts along the top of the thicker skin to get the glaze to seep through even more.
- Brush the ⅓ of the glaze over the top of the ham.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours then turn oven to 425 degrees F and brush ham again with half of the remaining glaze.
- Bake 15 additional minutes, then finally brush ham with remaining glaze you have. Place ham under broiler for 3-5 minutes to allow glaze to get sticky. The sugar should be super seeped in and delicious.
- Rest ham for 10 minutes and then serve.