Homemade Margherita Pizza Recipe
This homemade Margherita Pizza Recipe is a fantastic dish to make at home, and especially fun to make with kids! You only need a few ingredients to make this Italian speciality. Keep reading for tips and tricks of how to make homemade pizza sauce and also how to level up your crust!
Author: Foreignfork/Photo credit to foreignfork.com
- Pizza Ingredients
- 1 Pizza Crust I like Tiseo’s Frozen Pizza Dough
- 1 ¾ cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 Roma Tomatoes cut into thin rounds
- 10 Large Basil Leaves
- ½ cup Pizza Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- Pizza Sauce Ingredients
- 6 oz tomato paste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ tsp oregano
- ¾ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp sage
- ¼ tsp marjoram
- ¼ tsp salt
- Thaw your pizza dough according to package instructions. Flour a working surface. Use a rolling pin to roll out your pizza dough to your desired size. Lay it on a pizza stone or a greased pizza pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for pizza sauce.
- Use a pastry brush or spoon to spread pizza sauce on the pizza dough.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the pizza dough. Then layer the sliced roma tomatoes on top.
- Bake the pizza in the oven according to pizza dough instructions. I baked mine at 450 degrees for 18 minutes.
- When pizza is done baking, remove from the oven.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish. Use a pastry brush to brush butter on the crust of the pizza. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of the crust.
- Lay fresh basil leaves on top of the baked pizza. Enjoy!