Georgia Mustard Barbecue Sauce
In parts of Georgia and the western Carolinas, barbecue sauce starts with mustard. Sometimes it gets some sweet and sometimes it gets some heat. This tangy mustard sauce has a touch of heat and is the perfect barbecue sauce for pulled pork—but don't be afraid to try it on chicken or ribs.
Author: Thespruceeats/Photo credit to thespruceeats.com
- 1 cup mustard
- ½ cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- Gather the ingredients.
- Georgia Mustard Barbecue Sauce ingredients
- Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan over a low heat. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan
- Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before using.
- Sauce cooling in a saucepan
- The sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks after preparation