Garlicky Blistered Green Beans and Tomatoes
Let the broiler do all the work, and enjoy the reward: crisp-tender green beans with a kiss of smoky char, juicy tomatoes, and a mellow roasted garlic sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ pounds haricots verts (French green beans), trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes
- 1 large shallot, sliced crosswise and rings separated
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Preheat broiler with oven rack in top position.
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil, butter, salt, pepper, and haricots verts in a bowl; spread in a single layer on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Add garlic cloves to pan. Broil 5 minutes or until beans just begin to char. Add tomatoes and shallot; broil 5 minutes or until tomatoes start to break down.
- Remove skins from garlic cloves; discard. Place garlic pulp in a bowl; mash. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon oil and vinegar. Drizzle garlic mixture over green bean mixture; toss.
Let the broiler do all the work — these garlicky green beans have just the right amount of char and flavor: https://trib.al/O9XgQsM
Posted by Cooking Light on Sunday, November 18, 2018