Frozen Samoa Pie
Girl Scout cookie season may be over, but we're not giving up that easily.
Recipe type: Dessert
- FOR THE CRUST
- 50 NILLA Wafers
- 6 tbsp. melted butter
- ¼ c. sugar
- FOR THE FILLING
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. Cool Whip, defrosted
- 4 c. toasted coconut, divided
- 2 c. caramel, melted and divided
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Make crust: In a food processor, pulse Nilla wafers until they are fine crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a bowl, then add butter and sugar and stir until combined. Grease a 9" pie plate and press in the crust mixture.
- Make filling: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt until fully incorporated. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Make middle layer: In a medium bowl, mix 2 cups toasted coconut with 1 cup caramel.
- Pour half the cream cheese mixture into the pie pan and cover with coconut caramel. Smooth to the edges to make a layer.
- Top with the remaining cream cheese mixture, then add the remaining 2 cups toasted coconut and mini chocolate chips. Drizzle with remaining caramel and melted chocolate and freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Serve.