Fried Mashed Potato Balls
This easy recipe turns those sad leftover mashed potatoes into something MAGICAL.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 3 c. leftover mashed potatoes
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ⅔ c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. thinly sliced chives
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 egg, beaten
- 1⅓ c. panko bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes with cooked bacon, cheddar, chives, and garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Place eggs and panko in separate shallow bowls. Use a small cookie scoop to scoop 1” to 2” balls of mashed potato mixture. Roll into a ball in your hands, then dredge first in egg and then in panko. Repeat until all mashed potatoes are used.
- Heat 3” of oil in a large cast iron skillet until candy thermometer reads 375°. Fry potato balls in batches until golden on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and season immediately with more salt.
Fried Mashed Potato Balls >>> tater tots. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/Zc3qOGp
Posted by Delish on Saturday, November 3, 2018