Fried Mashed Potato Balls
This easy recipe turns those sad leftover mashed potatoes into something MAGICAL. If you've got more leftovers on your hands, you gotta check out these recipes to revive your Thanksgiving remnants. I'm especially fond of these insane Friendsgiving Nachos.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 3 c. leftover mashed potatoes
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ⅔ c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. thinly sliced chives
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 egg, beaten
- 1⅓ c. panko bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes with cooked bacon, cheddar, chives, and garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Place eggs and panko in separate shallow bowls. Use a small cookie scoop to scoop 1” to 2” balls of mashed potato mixture. Roll into a ball in your hands, then dredge first in egg and then in panko. Repeat until all mashed potatoes are used.
- Heat 3” of oil in a large cast iron skillet until candy thermometer reads 375°. Fry potato balls in batches until golden on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and season immediately with more salt.
Fried Mashed Potato Balls >>> tater tots. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/Zc3qOGp
Posted by Delish on Saturday, November 3, 2018