FRIED CABBAGE AND POTATOES WITH BACON
Summary: With only 6 ingredients, this easy Cabbage, Potatoes, and Bacon stir-fry cooks quickly in 30 minutes using just a single pan. It's ideal for busy weeknights, whether you're looking for a main course or a side dish for dinner.
Author: Savorytooth/Photo credit to savorytooth.com
- 1 (10-ounce) package shredded green cabbage (5 cups)
- 1 russet potato, peeled and chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 5 strips bacon
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (I use a garlic press)
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook bacon on a large nonstick pan over medium heat until crispy, about 10 minutes, flipping occasionally. Transfer bacon to a paper towel to drain. When cool, crumble into ½ to 1 inch pieces.
- Add potatoes, cabbage, salt, and pepper to the pan, stirring with bacon drippings. Cover with a lid and cook until potatoes and cabbage are tender, removing the lid to occasionally stir.
- Add minced garlic to the pan, stirring with other ingredients until fragrant, about a minute.
- Remove the pan from heat. Add crumbled bacon and serve.