Disney World’s Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake Recipe
One of our fondest memories of going to Disneyland and Disney World as kids were the smells and of course eating the delicious food. There is a fun little restaurant in Disney World called Liberty Tree Tavern. It is located in the Magic Kindgom. They used to serve a delicious dessert called Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. It’s crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside. We topped it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some caramel and chocolate drizzle. Additional toffee bits takes this dessert over the top.
Author: Sixsistersstuff/Photo credit to sixsistersstuff.com
- 1 (15.25 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup butter
- 2nd Layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate covered toffee bits (Heath Bits)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan or cupcake/muffin tins.
- In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, egg and softened butter until well blended. Gently press into bottom of prepared pan.
- Then in another bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in eggs, vanilla, and butter and mix well. Then add in the powdered sugar and beat until well blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and toffee chips. Spread over the cake mix bottom that is in the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. You'll want it to be golden brown and the center just a little gooey.
- This serves about 24 if you make it in a 9 x 13 or in cupcake tins.
- **If making these in the cupcake tin you will want to roll the bottom cake mixture into about 24 little balls and press gently into the generously greased and floured cupcake tins. (Do not use cupcake liners, they stick really bad) Then add a generous spoonful of the cream cheese mixture to the top of each. Cook for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool and loosen around the edges with a small knife before removing from pan. They may stick a little so loosen gently and lift out.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and ice cream toppings.