Derby-style chocolate bourbon balls
Mmm, these chocolate bourbon balls are EVERYTHING
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 12 graham crackers, crushed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup melting chocolate
- ¾ cup walnuts, crushed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl or glass jar, add the mixed nuts and bourbon. Cover with lid or plastic wrap and let sit overnight.
- Combine the butter, sugar, and vanilla until sugar is dissolved. Add in the crushed graham crackers, vanilla, chocolate chips, walnuts, and remaining bourbon.
- Freeze for 10-15 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- Form mixture into small balls, and refrigerate.
- Coat the balls in melted chocolate and top with walnuts.
- Chill for 1 hour.
Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
Mmm, these chocolate bourbon balls are EVERYTHING ?! Don’t miss the Kentucky Derby this Saturday on NBC at 2:30et!FULL RECIPE: http://bzfd.it/2p1qlyV
Posted by Tasty on Monday, May 1, 2017