Creepy Halloween Pizza Hand
Bloody, burnt creepy Halloween pizza hand!!! A fun and creative twist to the classic pizza made with homemade or store bought pizza dough is a perfect Halloween dinner idea. No special gadgets required.
Author: Kitchenathoskins/Photo credit to kitchenathoskins.com
- 1 recipe Homemade pizza dough or storebought
- Tomato sauce, as required
- shredded mozzarella cheese, as required
- Make paper hand cut outs
- Use card stock or any thick paper (I used an empty cereal box). Place your hand on the card stock, trace around it with a sharpie/ pen. Cut hand out. One cut-out is good enough to make as many pizzas as you like.
- Make Halloween pizza Hands
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, with oven rack placed 6-inches from broiler. Grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, set aside. (Do not use parchment paper on the baking sheet since we will be broiling the pizzas later)
- Roll pizza dough on a kitchen counter to about ¼ -inch thickness. Place cut cardboard hands on top of the dough and cut out hands with very sharp knife (you can re-use paper cut-outs to cut as many Halloween pizzas as possible).
- Gently transfer cut hands on the prepared baking sheet. Place hands leaving at least 1-2 inches of space in between. (number of hand pizzas depends on the size of hands used).
- Spread tomato sauce on top of the hand, using a small spoon. Sprinkle mozzarella on top (take extra care while working on the fingers, so the sauce and cheese don’t go beyond the dough). Do not add too much cheese (just the right amount to cover the sauce), it gives more of melted cheese look rather than the burnt hand look that we are shooting for.
- Bake pizza for 9-10 minutes, until it begins to get golden (keep an eye after 8 minutes). Switch oven to broil (do not remove pizza from oven) and cook until top begins to brown (keep a very close watch, it takes just few seconds).
- Remove sheet pan from oven and place on a wire rack. Serve hot.