Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken
When it comes to weeknight dinners, this is what we dream of. It's simple, creamy, and so dang satisfying.
Recipe type: Main
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- ¾ c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c. baby spinach
- 1 c. heavy cream
- ⅔ c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lemon, sliced in rounds and halved
- ¼ c. thinly sliced fresh basil
- On a large plate, combine flour with ¼ cup Parmesan, garlic powder, and lemon zest. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly with a fork. Dredge each chicken breast on all sides with flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmering but not smoking. Add chicken and sear until golden, 6 minutes. Flip and cook until opposite side is golden, around 6 minutes more. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium and add butter to pan. When butter is melted add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, cream, and remaining ½ cup Parmesan and season with more salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Add lemon slices and bring to a simmer and cook until thickened slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- When chicken is cooked, remove skillet from heat and garnish with basil before serving.