Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Amazing Crab Stuffed Mushrooms appetizer for any occasion. These stuffed mushrooms are a piece of food heaven with a perfect combination of cream cheese, herbs, crab meat, and grated Parmesan cheese.
Author: Willcookforsmiles/Photo credit to willcookforsmiles.com
- 16 oz medium portobello mushrooms
- Save mushroom stems
- 1 tbsp olive oil to cook veggies
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- diced mushrooms stems
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 oz claw or lump crab meat
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp minced chives
- black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- US Customary - Metric
- Preheat the oven to 375° and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Rinse whole mushrooms under cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Carefully pop off the mushrooms stems, right where it connects to the cap.
- Preheat a saute pan and 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium high heat. Saute diced mushroom stems and diced onion until starting to caramelize. Press garlic into the onion/mushroom mixture and saute just until fragrant. Add cooked veggies into a mixing bowl.
- Sift through the crab meat thoroughly with your fingers to make sure there are no pieces of shells accidentally left behind and add crab meat to the mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients for the filling to the mixing bowl and mix very well until all combined.
- Set mushroom caps in a slightly greased baking dish, cup up. Generously fill each cap with stuffing mixture, pressing down lightly with your finger to fit a little bit more.
- Sprinkle with some grated Parmesan cheese over the top of stuffed mushrooms.
- Bake stuffed mushrooms for about 20 minutes (about 25 for larger mushrooms).