Chinese Steamed Egg
If you ever tried Chinese steamed egg sometimes called as egg custard, it will amaze you by the super smooth and fresh taste.
Author: Chinasichuanfood/Photo credit to chinasichuanfood.com
- 2 middle size eggs , 2 or 3 eggs both works depending the wanted texture
- 1 cup of water , recommend using warmed boiled water , or milk or stock
- ½ tsp. salt or to taste
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. light soy sauce
- Chopped scallion , optional
- Gently whisk eggs with pinch of salt and water.
- Strain the egg liquid and transfer to the container. Remove any bubbles on surface.
- Set up the steamer, bring the water to a boiling and slow down the fire to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes depending on your container. For the time, please see note 1.
- Remove from the fire and wait for 5 minutes to cool down a little bit.
- Transfer the containers out. Drizzle some sesame oil and light soy sauce and garnish chopped spring onion on top.
- Serve warm.