Chinese Boneless Spare Ribs
These Chinese Boneless Spare Ribs are ridiculously easy to make! You can make these spare ribs three ways – the oven, air fryer and crock pot!
Author: Mantitlement/Photo credit to mantitlement.com
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin or boneless pork chops cut into strips
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch of cloves
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade (everything except the BBQ sauce) in a large plastic resealable bag.
- Add the pork strips and marinate at least 6 hours or overnight. (Overnight is recommended)
- Remove the pork from the marinade, reserving the marinade, and place on a wire rack that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Place the wire rack over a baking sheet that’s been lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
- While the pork is cooking, pour the marinade into a pot and bring to a boil. Let the marinade boil for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the BBQ sauce. Let the sauce simmer over low heat while the pork is cooking.
- Remove the pork from the oven, baste with the sauce then bake again for 7-8 minutes until the edges of the pork are crisp.
- Baste the pork one more time with the sauce before serving, if desired.
- Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Add the pork in a single layer and cook for 4 minutes. Remove the pork from the air fryer, baste generously with the sauce (follow the instructions above for the sauce) and cook another 4 minutes until the pork is crispy.
- Baste with more sauce if desired and serve.
- Slow Cooker:
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Drain the marinade from the pork (reserving the marinade) and add the pork to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. (The longer you cook the spare ribs the softer the pork will be)
- Pour the reserved marinade into a pot and bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes. Add the barbecue sauce and let simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Toss the pork with the sauce sand serve