Chili + Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Lime Juice
I love delicious accidents, and I love them even more when they are delicious blog-worthy accidents.
Author: Killingthyme/Photo credit to killingthyme.net
- 1 sweet potato cut half lengthwise
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 TBSP liquid honey
- ½ tsp of chili powder
- ½ tsp sweet or smoked paprika
- ½ tsp Harissa or cayenne optional
- Kosher salt + cracked black pepper
- 1 lime halved
- Fresh chopped parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush each sweet potato half with olive oil, skin included.
- Season the entire sweet potato with kosher salt + cracked black pepper.
- Score the top halves (interior flesh) with a knife.
- Season each top half with chili powder, paprika and harissa or cayenne, if using.
- Bake for 20 mins at 400 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and smear the top halves with honey.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes are tender, remove from oven.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over both halves upon serving, and add parsley.