Chicken Wontons - The best and easiest fried chicken wontons ever! Takes 20 mins to make including wrapping. Super crispy and yummy recipe to make at home.
Author: Rasamalaysia/Photo credit to rasamalaysia.com
- ½ lb. (0.2 kg) ground chicken
- ¼ lb. (0.1 kg) shrimp, chopped into small pieces
- 1 stalk scallion, cut into rings
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fish sauce (optional)
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 dashes ground white pepper
- 12 pieces wonton wrappers
- water, for sealing
- oil, for deep frying
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 pinch white sesame seeds
- In a bowl, mix the ground chicken, shrimp, scallion and cornstarch until well combined. Add the salt, fish sauce, sesame oil and white pepper. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Wrap the wontons with the wonton wrappers by placing a piece of the wonton wrapper on your palm. Add ½ tablespoon of the filling in the middle of the wrapper. Dip your index finger into some water and trace it on the outer edges of the wonton wrapper. Fold and pinch the edges of the wonton wrapper up and seal the wonton tight so there is no opening at the top and the wonton is securely enclosed. Watch the video below to learn how to wrap wontons.
- Heat up some cooking oil in a wok or frying pan and deep fry the wontons until golden brown. Serve hot with sweet chili sauce or eat plain.