Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
Chicken spaghetti recipe is a can’t miss pasta dish. It’s a freezer-friendly chicken recipe that consists of a cheesy tomato sauce with bell peppers. This version doesn’t have any condensed soup, either!
Author: Dessertfortwo/Photo credit to dessertfortwo.com
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 14-oz. can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 6-oz. can Italian-style tomato paste
- 16-ounces Velveeta cheese, diced
- Add the chicken breasts to a large pot, and cover with water to cook. Bring the chicken to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the chicken is done (165°F in the thickest part).
- Remove the chicken from the water, but do not drain the pot. Add just enough additional water to cook the pasta in. Bring the water to a boil, and cook the pasta according to the package directions. When the noodles are done, reserve 2 cups of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, chop the chicken and set it aside.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Saute the onion and bell pepper until they're tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, tomato paste and the 2 cups of reserved pasta cooking water. Bring the mixture to a simmer, and then stir in the Velveeta cheese cubes.
- Cook the sauce until the cheese melts completely (stirring occasionally). Combine the noodles, chicken and sauce. Spread in an 8x8" pan.
- To freeze this meal, cover the mixture tightly and place in a freezer-safe bag. To reheat, bake at 375 for 50 minutes from frozen OR cook for 35 minutes if thawed. If you wish to eat it right away, bake for 25 minutes until the mixture is heated through.