Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Creamy and cheesy Spinach Stuffed Chicken is so juicy and tasty. Searing on the stove then finishing it off in the oven ensures it is perfectly cooked in the center. Watch the video tutorial and see how easy it is.
- For the Chicken Breasts:
- 3 large chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (1¾ to 2 lbs, even-sized pieces)
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1½ Tbsp olive oil
- For the Filling:
- 4 oz cream cheese, cold
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cups baby spinach leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425˚F with a rack in the center. In a mixing bowl, mash together cream cheese, mayo and garlic with a fork then stir in mozzarella, parmesan and chopped spinach leaves until combined.
- Lay chicken on a flat surface and cut slit ¾ of the way through without cutting all the way through. Stuff each chicken breast with ⅓ of the mixture and seal horizontally with a toothpick (make sure the chicken breast can lay flat on the sides for searing.
- Season the outside of the chicken breast all over with ¾ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, ½ tsp garlic powder and ½ tsp paprika, or season to taste.
- Heat 1½ Tbsp olive oil in an oven-proof pan such as cast iron, or large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté for 4 minutes per side until golden brown on each side.
- Flip a second time and immediately transfer skillet to preheated oven. Bake at 425˚F for 10-15 minutes until thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers at 165˚F. Rest chicken 5 minutes before slicing. Spoon pan juices over chicken to serve.