Cheesy Chicken & Corn Skillet
Cheesy Chicken & Corn Skillet is a party in a pan.
Author: Delish/Photo credit to delish.com
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 (4-oz.) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 pt. cherry tomatoes
- 2 c. frozen corn
- 4 oz. Velveeta, cubed
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- In a 12” cast-iron skillet over medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season chicken breasts with ¼ teaspoon pepper on both sides. Add chicken to skillet and sear until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to let rest.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet. Add chopped onion and garlic, season with remaining pepper and cook until onion starts to become translucent and garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes and corn, stir to coat in onion garlic mixture. Lower heat to medium, cover and let cook for about 15 minutes, until tomatoes burst open.
- Meanwhile, slice chicken breasts on a diagonal.
- Remove lid from skillet, top tomato and corn mixture with sliced chicken and cubed Velveeta. Cover to let Velveeta melt and chicken warm, about 10 minutes. Remove lid, garnish with fresh basil and serve.