- ⅓ cup mayonnaise (or plain yogurt)
- 2-4 tablespoons buffalo hot sauce (such as Frank’s)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash garlic powder (or 1 garlic clove, minced)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ¾ cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped vegetables (any combination of carrots, celery, and/or red onion)
- 12 oz. cooked small or medium shrimp (or 16oz. raw shrimp and cook yourself)
- 8 slices good quality bread
- unsalted butter (or margarine)
- In a large bowl mix together mayonnaise (or yogurt), hot sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and salt/pepper until combined. Mix in Monterrey Jack cheese, blue cheese, vegetables, and shrimp.
- Place bread out on work surface. Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread. Spoon shrimp filling onto half of the slices of bread and top with another slice of bread (buttered side out).
- Preheat large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sandwiches 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.