The melty peanut butter center is HEAVENLY.
Author: Delish/Photo credit to allrecipes.com
- FOR THE FILLING
- 1¼ c. creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ c. powdered sugar
- FOR THE COOKIES
- ¾ c. (1½ sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ c. packed brown sugar
- ½ c. granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ c. all-purpose flour
- ¾ c. cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Make filling: In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Using a 2-teaspoon cookie scoop, scoop into 22 small balls and freeze until hardened, 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and sugar and beat until light and fluffy, then add egg and vanilla and mix until evenly combined. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until evenly combined.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the cookie dough and flatten into a pancake-like circle on the baking sheet. Place a frozen peanut butter ball on top. Bring the edges of the dough around the peanut butter ball and pinch the edges together to seal, adding more dough if necessary to cover the frozen peanut butter completely.
- Roll stuffed cookie dough ball in sugar and place back on prepared baking sheets. Repeat until all dough is used, spacing the cookies about 2” apart.
- Bake until the cookies are set, about 12 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.