Broccoli-Sausage Stuffed Shells
Spicy Italian sausage kicks up the heat—and the flavor—in these super delicious stuffed shells.
Author: Delish/Photo credit to delish.com
- 15 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1½ c. ricotta
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- ½ head broccoli, florets removed
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. marinara
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta shells until al dente. Drain, then return to pot and let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage: In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until golden and cooked through, breaking up with the back of a spoon, 5 to 6 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooked sausage, ricotta, mozzarella, and broccoli and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour marinara [or other red jarred sauce] in bottom of oven-proof skillet or baking dish, then stuff shells with ricotta mixture and arrange in dish.
- Bake until mixture is warmed through, 18 to 20 minutes.