Blueberry Mojito Royale
Just kidding. But I am in Maine, and it is GLORIOUS. The air smells like salt water and pine trees, and I’m just sitting here drinking fresh coffee, looking out at the ocean, and generally feeling rather princess-like.
Author: Domesticate-me/Photo credit to domesticate-me.com
- ⅓ cup blueberries plus extra for a fancy blueberry swizzle stick
- 6-8 leaves fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon sugar in the raw
- 2½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces light rum
- Crushed ice
- 2 ounces chilled Prosecco or champagne
- Place the blueberries, mint leaves, sugar, and lime juice in a glass. (I recommend a 12-ounce glass or mason jar, but you can obviously use whatever you like.) Using a muddling tool or wooden spoon, muddle the ingredients in the bottom of the glass until the blueberries have released their juices.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice and pour the rum over. Give it a stir.
- Top with chilled champagne or Prosecco and garnish with extra mint and blueberries if you’re feeling fancy.