Bakery Style Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
There's something special about the muffins from a bakery... they're perfectly rich, moist and fluffy. Most importantly, they're always fresh!
Author: Bakingenvy/Photo credit to bakingenvy.com
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ⅓ cup hot water
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170°C / 340°F. Line a 12-hole standard muffin pan with paper cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the milk and vinegar. Sit for 5 minutes or until milk has thickened.
- Add canola oil, eggs, vanilla and sugars. Dissolve the coffee granules in the hot water then add to mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Sift over flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Stir until well combined. Stir through chocolate chips.
- Pour approximately ⅓ cup of batter into each paper case. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of one of the muffins comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.